Monday, May 5, 2008

Teenage: Question 5c

5c. Do Anne and Peter seem to have typical teenage attitudes toward their families?

I think they do have those typical teenage attitudes toward their families. One thing is that when Mrs. Van Daan talked about her legs in the past and how many boyfriends he had embarassed Peter, but that interested Anne. Girls are really curious and outgoing in that stage, but Peter is just shy. I think Peter is one of those shy teenage guy that doesn't want to talk until you get really friendly. He won't talk to someone first because he is scared. I am not sure about this, but i think Peter is scared cause of his apperance and he is scared of what other people will comment on how he look and how he act. Peter gets embarrased alot in this story cause of his mother and usually teenage doesn't like their parents and try to be alone. Peter is in that stage where he wants to be alone with his pet, Mouschi. Anne doesn't really like their parents because their paretns like Margot. I think this is almost close to the stories because in fictions, there is the perfect sister and you have to follow her and if you make mistakes you get punished and you hate that. Anne doesn't like Mr. Frank and Mrs. Frank, but I think she likes to be with Mrs. Van Daan more because she doesn't really have a personal thing or a thing that she covers it up. I think Mrs. Van Daan is open for any questions so Anne is more freer to her and get closer to her. Mrs. Van Daan talks about Anne being Peter's girlfriend. Peter hates that because he is shy and doesn't want his inside to show the outsdie. In other hand, Anne doesn't really care because it could be true and at first when they came to the Secret Annex Anne was bugging Peter which means it is sign of liking him. I think they might have different type of characteristics from our teenage because it is the past and we are in the modern times.

1 comment:

Joohee K said...

Great Job Peter !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I firt thought Peter in the play and you were pretty simillar. haha
Just kidiiing ~
I strongly agree about what you wrote about Peter and Anne. I also think Peter is a very shy guy and Anne is a very lonely girl. However, I kind of understand Anne because in that age, they could have hard times with their family. Many teenagers get upset often to their family, and also feel very lonely. I never felt lonely but I sometimes get upset to my parents and my sister. Maybe you might feel simillar as me.


Nice job and keep it up
my lovely wonsang ~~